My Tours supports several map types including custom maps. You can upload either a standard image file such as a jpeg file or a GeoTIFF file as a custom map. The advantage of a GeoTIFF file is that the GPS will still work with the map (e.g. the ‘blue dot’ will show). Customers have used custom maps for:
- Floor plans for internal tours
- More detailed maps for different uses (for example hiking or biking)
- Custom branded maps to match an organisations brand guidelines
To upload a custom map do the following:
- Navigate to the PLOT STOPS ON A MAP tab for your tour
- Select Use custom map from the map type dropdown on the top left of the screen
- Select your map file
- The map will process for a minute or two and once finished will return you to the map screen with your custom map
- You can now drag your points onto the map and add your route.
We’ve made a little animated GIF to show you how it all works. Happy mapping!